Difference between GHI and Net short-wave radiation flux at surface (instantaneous)

Artikel von Fachleuten zu diversen Themen
Antworten
wetterman

Difference between GHI and Net short-wave radiation flux at surface (instantaneous)

Beitrag von wetterman »

Hello all,

I'm new to using the DWD Open-data. (Wow, it's really great!!)

I'm working on a project to forecast PV-production. Usually, we use GHI-forecasts (Global Horizontal Irradiance) as the variable of interest. Then we project it onto the plane of interest and estimate the PV-production from an installation.

Now I want to benefit from the ensemble-forecasts of DWD, namely the ICON-EU-EPS model. It has a parameter called SOBS_RAD (Net short-wave radiation flux at surface (instantaneous)) which I think refers to the sum of the direct and diffuse irradiation minus the ground-reflected irradiance from albedo.

The GHI is usually defined as the sum of Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI), Diffuse Horizontal Irradiance, and ground-reflected radiation.

There is also a parameter called ALB_RAD (Shortwave broadband albedo for diffuse radiation) with unit [%].

Could anyone advise me how to obtain an estimate of the GHI using DWD Open-data. Could I just combine the SOBS_RAD and the ALB_RAD in a way?
Thank you for any input.
Antworten